How to change PHP version on shared servers
In some cases, correct functioning of your website depends on a PHP version installed on the server.
Thanks to the PHP Selector function, it is possible to select the necessary PHP version as well as enable/disable certain PHP modules and functions.
To change the PHP version, follow the steps below:
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. Scroll down to the Software/Services section > Select PHP Version:
3. Here you will see the list of available modules and extensions.
Use the PHP Version drop-down box to select the required version, click on Set as current in order to apply the changes.
If you do not need to change the PHP version and just want to turn on/off specific extensions, you can do this by checking/unchecking the corresponding boxes.
4. To change individual settings within the PHP version in question, click on Switch to PHP Settings.
5. By clicking on one of the options in grey, you will be presented with a drop-down list to change specific settings. Hit Apply to implement the settings (e.g: ini_set)